Tuesday, November 2, 2010

God's will

my son kissed
the five inch Jesus action figure
(-with poseable arms and gliding action!)
goodnight
I put it on the
table
next to the bed
then he kissed me
nighty-night, son
nighty-night, daddy
light on or light off
light on
see you in the morning
see you in the morning

I left the room
and closed the door
behind me
sitting at the
dining room table I heard
the bedroom door
open
(pause)
close
son, are you up
no answer
no patter of feet
setting aside my work
I walked down the hall
toward
the bedroom
and there
standing in front of
a closed door
(-with poseable arms and gliding action!)
was Jesus
in all His five inch plastic glory
arms raised
as if commanding
Lazarus to wake and walk
I believe
He was put outside
because
there is nothing more frightening
or false
than
Jesus as an action figure
on the table
next to the bed
of a
sleepy
small
boy
with autism






1 comment: